The Exonet Headstart training course provides the skills and knowledge to account for the regular transactions of your business using MYOB Exonet. It consists of six modules which provide a complete overview to the core MYOB Exonet business management software. You can choose to complete the entire six modules or a combination of modules that best suit your role in the business.
Each of the six modules are half day courses, so it would take three full days to complete the entire course.
- Module 1: Getting Started must be completed prior to commencing any other module
- Participants should be able to operate a computer using Microsoft Windows
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge is recommended for those participants completing Module 5: Receivables, Payables & Reconciliation or Module 6: GL & End of Period
Once you have completed Module 1: Getting Started, any or all of the five other modules can be completed. The modules are grouped so that participants will enjoy a logical sequence of learning when they attend both the AM and PM sessions on any one day.
You should complete these courses if you:
- Have recently decided MYOB EXO is the right package for your business
- Have recently implemented MYOB EXO
- Are currently running MYOB EXO but feel as though your training was not comprehensive enough
- Feel that a lot of money you are spending on support could be better spent on internal training for your staff
- Have new staff who require training
Module 1: Getting Started
- Understand the key features of MYOB Exonet
- Select and open Exonet databases
- Be familiar with the menu structure and account masters
- Search for and access transactional information
- Navigate Exonet using function keys
- Manipulate Exonet views using ExoGrid
- Enter debtors, creditors and contacts
- Use account tabs to record additional information
- Utilise Task Scheduler to manage daily business activity
- Print, review and export standard reports
- Utilise the Help function in Exonet
You should complete this module if you work in a business that uses Exonet and require the how-to’s, handy tips and techniques for working with Exonet. This module is a prerequisite for Modules 2 – 6.
Module 2: Sales & Orders
- Introduction to the Exonet standard sales cycle
- Enter sales orders and discounts.
- Process a sales order and generate invoices.
- Email /Print invoices.
- Selling kits
- Receive and allocate payments
- Search for invoices
- Edit invoice reference fields
- Generate credits
- Access auto order templates for customers
- Process backorders and standing orders
- Produce standard sales reports
You should complete this module if you process sales and produce sales reports. This highly practical module will enable you to “hit the ground running” when you return to the workplace.
Module 3: Purchasing & Stock Costs
- Introduction to the Exonet standard purchasing cycle
- Purchase a non-stock item
- Setup a new stock item (stock groups, min max etc)
- Raise purchase orders (stock cycle)
- Receive items into stock
- Cost stock items and on-costs (inwards goods)
- Enter creditor invoices (stock and non-stock)
- Calculate stock reorder requirements (Forecast based PO’s)
- Enter serials of purchased items
- Prepare standard purchases reports
You should complete this module if you purchase stock / non-stock items and need to ensure that on-costs are accurately recorded.
Module 4: Maintaining Stock
- Adjust stock quantities
- Track and edit serial numbers
- Conduct a stocktake
- Create kits for selling groups of stock items
- Create bill of materials (builds) for building new stock items
- Use works orders to manufacture new stock items
- Prepare standard stock reports
You should complete this module if you are responsible for maintaining accurate inventory and manufacturing stock items.
Module 5: Receivables, Payables & Reconciliation
- Receive multiple debtor payments
- Make debtor adjustments
- Make payments to creditors (CPP)
- Make creditor adjustments
- Issue statements
- Enter payments using integrated cashbook
- Undertake a Bank Reconciliation
- Prepare the Business Activity Statement
- Prepare standard reports
You should complete this module if you maintain the financial relationship with debtors/creditors and maintain the accuracy of the monthly account.
Module 6: GL & End of Period
- Enter GL transactions
- Establish GL budgets
- Review GL batches
- Backup the data file
- Run Foreign Exchange variance calculations
- Post sub-ledgers to the General Ledger
- Reconcile sub-ledgers to General Ledger
- Roll End of Periodv
- Prepare standard management reports.
You should complete this module if you are the company accountant / bookkeeper that ensures information in the General Ledger is timely and accurate.
To secure your place in any of the Headstart modules, you can either register online via our Training Courses page, call us on 1300 857 464 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendees cancelling less than 24 hours prior to course commencement will be invoiced the full course fee.
Attendees cancelling 24 – 72 hours prior to course commencement will be invoiced 50% of the course fee.