Here are 3 tips directly from Kilimanjaro’s Solution Squad to help you become more organised and efficient in 2013.
1. How to add messages to Clarity Forms
Leading up to big holiday periods, many of our clients find that a simple reminder on their invoices and statements is a great tool for keeping clients informed of their shutdown period and availability.
These reminder notes are added to forms via Clarity and can simply be removed at the most convenient time for you.
Here are some examples of how these messages can be applied to your business
- We are NOT able to accept any deliveries during our SHUT DOWN PERIOD- 22nd December 2012 to 2nd January 2013. Please deliver before or after these dates.
- Orders received after 12pm on 7 June 2013 will be delivered after 10 June 2013 due to the Queen’s Birthday public holiday in NSW.
- We have enjoyed doing business with you this year and wish you a safe and prosperous New Year. We look forward to what 2013 will bring.
- Our office will be closed from 29 March 2013 to 1 April 2013 for the Easter Long Weekend
If you would like assistance on how to enter these messages yourself, please contact our Support team on 1300 857 464 or at email@example.com
2. Creating 2013 Budgets
It’s that time of year when planning for the new year is in full swing. Some of our client have found that setting up and using GL Budgets is a great tool that assists them in their planning.
Setting up a new GL Budget is very simple:
- Open GL Budgets and Select New
- Choose to Copy an Existing Budget or Last Year’s Actuals
- Click OK
Another great tool is the Spread GL Budget:
- Choose a budget to be spread over the year using the Search Criteria. Click the Search button to load this budget into the spread tool
- Select a spread method. Choose from:
1. Use Formula – Spread the budget according to a pre-defined formula
2. Straight line – Distribute the spread evenly throughout the year
- Click Spread. The resulting spread will display in the grid. These figures can be manually edited if need be
- Click OK to apply this spread to the GL budgeting tool
3. Do I have to count all of my stock during Stocktake?
Stocktake can be completed in small batches and can be done by Location, Stock Group or BinCode.
The advantage of these min-stocktakes is that they are easier to complete and manage. Many people take advantage of shut down periods (such as Christmas/New Year) to get their stock levels back on track with a stocktake.