Since the upgrade of MYOB Advanced (powered by Acumatica) to version 2018.1, it is now possible to generate customer statements quickly and easily upon ad-hoc requests from customers. As a result, we will demonstrate via step-by-step instructions on how to use this feature.
How to Generate Statements on Demand
All too often, a customer will request a statement up to a certain date. This may not correspond to their usual statement cycle. While in the past, this would have required some manipulation of existing MYOB Advanced reports to piece together the information required.
- To generate ad-hoc customer statements, navigate to the customer card and select ‘Generate Statement on Demand’ from the Actions drop-down list.
- A separate pop-up will prompt for a date. Enter the date for which the statement is to be generated.
**Tip: This can be dated to the date requested by your customer i.e. an earlier or later date.
Once the statement is generated, a green tick can be seen on the customer card indicating that the operation completed successfully.
- To view the statement that was generated, click on the ‘Reports’ dropdown option and select ‘Customer Statement’.
**Tip: All customer-related reports can also be generated from the ‘Report’ dropdown option.
This will display the Customer Statement report on screen.
Sharing Our Skills With Your Understanding
Kilimanjaro is your MYOB Advanced specialist. We bring together our skills with your understanding of your own business, to bring about improvement. Therefore our MYOB Advanced Team are dedicated to sharing tips and tricks with you. We want to ensure you are making the most of your system, so see below for even more tips and tricks to help you enhance your skills:
- How to use the New Interface
- Row-Level Security
- Generic Inquiries
- Fixed Assets
- Business Events
- Restricted Use of Control Accounts in MYOB Advanced