We are receiving reports from clients that they have been hit by the CryptoLocker virus. Please be vigilant with checking your backups, as the virus is capable of encrypting your .CLS files, which are your Clarity files.
The virus operates by hijacking your computer, servers and corporate data. Companies are threatened to pay large ransoms, or lose their data. Users are usually sent e-mails which may look genuine, and are asked to open an attached document or click through to an external website which triggers the virus.
As a precaution, we advise you to:
- Make a copy of your EXO Clarity directory now
- Keep a copy of all your reports somewhere safe
- Be sure to include all Clarity sub-directories so you have all Master and Custom forms and reports
- Consider using Dropbox as an option to save a copy of your files.
- Be wary of e-mails which look genuine (such as traffic violations, bank statements or Word document) but are not.
If you encounter any issues, please contact our Support team immediately on 1300 857 464 or at firstname.lastname@example.org