MYOB Exo Employer Services Security Release 2018.03 is here! Find out about the new release, what you need to do, why it is important and how we can help you.
MYOB Exo Employer Security Release 2018.3
Many online services that send data over the Internet, use an encryption protocol called TLS (Transport Layer Security). From October 30 2018, many businesses worldwide, specifically software and telecommunication providers, will start decommissioning the use of older TLS versions (1.0) to safeguard data within the latest standards. This security release will adopt a stronger security protocol to ensure data communication is completed through the latest and most secure methods possible.
What does this mean for you?
MYOB Exo Employer Services will cater to this change which means you will need to upgrade to Security Release 2018.03 now. If you are still using Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, we recommend you upgrade to Windows 7 or above to ensure TLS v1.2 capability. Alternatively, you can reach out to Microsoft to verify if your current operating system can enable TLS v1.2.
Do I need to update my software?
Updates are essential in ensuring your business benefits from industry best practices today. MYOB constantly works on keeping data secure and ensuring that the performance and stability of your software is at the highest levels. Although upgrades may seem disruptive, we encourage our clients to upgrade for the following reasons:
- Your Annual License Fees (ALF) entitles you to the latest version of the software.
2. The latest version of MYOB Exo will always give you new functionality and fixes problems in previous versions.
3. Regular upgrades will mean less complex and therefore lower cost upgrades in the long run.
4. It is far easier for users to learn incrementally than learning an entirely new interface because they are (for example) 5 versions behind.
5. MYOB constantly keeps its software compatible with new versions of Microsoft Office and Windows. Old software will not work on new versions of Microsoft products
How can we support you with your MYOB Exo upgrades?
At Kilimanjaro, we will always provide our clients with the latest “need to know” information. For any queries you may have, our support team is available and will always try to find the best solution for each unique problem. For more information on our collaborative approach and what we offer for our clients, visit our support services page.