New v1.6 of the MYOB Exo APIMaintain the security of your MYOB Exo web-integrations and upgrade your API
MYOB have released a security update for the MYOB Exo API. All clients using this Application Programming Interface (API) will need to upgrade to the new version by 26th November 2021. The security procedures in the existing versions will be switched off on 4th December 2021, and the current API versions will cease to function.
This affects all clients using the MYOB Exo OnTheGo app, ezyCollect and its SimplyPaid portal, eveXso, and any other integration to SaaS or 3rd party solutions utilising web-based services. All our clients who are using these add-on solutions must make this upgrade to the API.
The new version is compatible with versions of MYOB Exo 2018.5 and newer. Clients on an older version will also need to upgrade their MYOB Exo platform. In most cases, there is no change required to the connected services.
If this affects you or you are unsure, please contact us for more information or schedule your upgrade. This will require some planning to ensure a smooth transition for your connected services or development partner, and Kilimanjaro will be able to guide you through this process.
The Process to a Smooth API Upgrade:
- Verify your current operating version of MYOB Exo,
- If your current version of MYOB Exo is older than version 2018.5, then you will need to upgrade your system first. Please note: this step may require 4-6 weeks to complete, you are encouraged to begin as early as possible to ensure a smooth transition,
- Schedule the upgrade of the MYOB Exo API by contacting your account manager or anyone in our friendly team,
- Advise 3rd party or in-house developers of scheduled outage for the API,
- Your services will be disconnected for the upgrade of the API. Once the upgrade has been made, the connection will be restored, and testing is undertaken.
For more specific information, you can read the MYOB Exo Business Services Release Notes here.
Kilimanjaro Consulting is committed to supporting your business on MYOB Exo now and into the future, and this upgrade is just one part of that process. To get in contact and find out what steps you need to take to upgrade, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 857 464.