MYOB Exo Headstart TrainingTaking the first step in your MYOB Exo Training
The Exo Business Head Start training course provides the skills and knowledge to account for the regular transactions of your business using MYOB Exo Business. It consists of six modules which provide a complete overview of the core MYOB Exo Business Management Software. You can choose to complete the entire six modules or a combination of modules that best suit your role in the business.
Each of the 6 modules will take half a day to complete – 3 days to complete the full course.
- Module 1: Getting Started must be completed prior to commencing any other module.
- Participants should be able to operate a computer using Microsoft Windows.
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge is recommended for those participants completing Module 5: Receivables, Payables and Reconciliation or Module 6: GL and End of Period.
Once you have completed Module 1: Getting Started, any or all of the five other modules can be completed. The modules are grouped so that participants will enjoy a logical sequence of learning when they attend both the am and pm sessions on any one day.
Who should attend MYOB Exo Headstart Training
You should complete the entire course if you:
- Already use MYOB Exo Business in your business and need a more comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of MYOB Exo Business.
- Are currently working with an implementing partner to install MYOB Exo Business in your business. If you are unable to attend the full program, check the module outlines on the following page to see which individual modules may suit you.
- Module 1: Getting Started (Required)
- Module 2: Sales & Orders
- Module 3: Purchasing and Stock Costs
- Module 4: Maintaining Stock
- Module 5: Receivables, Payables and Reconciliation
- Module 6: GL & End of Period
Module 1: Getting Started
- Understand the key features of MYOB Exo Business
- Select and open Exo Business databases
- Become familiar with the menu structure
- Become familiar with account masters
- Search for and access transactional information
- Navigate Exo Business using function keys
- Manipulate Exo Business views using ExoGrids
- Enter debtors, creditors and contacts
- Use account tabs to record additional information
- Utilise Task Scheduler to manage daily business activities
- Print, review and export standard reports
- Utilise the Help function in Exo Business
You should complete this module if you work in a business that uses Exo Business and require the how-to’s, handy tips and techniques for working with Exo Business. This module is a prerequisite for Modules 2 – 6.
Module 2: Sales & Orders
- Introduction to the Exo Business standard sales cycle
- Enter sales orders and discounts
- Process a sales order and generate invoices
- Email/Print invoices
- Selling kits
- Receive and allocate payments
- Search for invoices
- Edit invoice reference fields
- Generate credits
- Access auto order templates for customers
- Process backorders and standing orders
- Product standard sales reports
You should complete this module if you process sales and produce sales reports. This highly practical module will enable you to “hit the ground running” when you return to the workplace
Module 3: Purchasing and Stock Costs
- Introduction to the Exo Business standard purchasing cycle
- Purchase a non-stock item
- Set up a new stock item (stock groups, min, max, etc.)
- Raise purchase orders (stock cycle)
- Receive items into stock
- Cost stock items and on-costs (inwards goods)
- Calculate stock reorder requirements (Forecast based PO’s)
- Enter serials of purchased items
- Prepare standard purchases reports
You should complete this module if you purchase stock/nonstock items and need to ensure that on-costs are accurately recorded.
Module 4: Maintaining Stock
- Adjust stock quantities
- Track and edit serial numbers
- Conduct a stocktake
- Create kits for selling groups of stock items
- Create bills of material (builds) for building new stock item
- Use works orders to manufacture new stock items
- Prepare standard stock reports
You should complete this module if you are responsible for maintaining accurate inventory and manufacture stock items.
Module 5: Receivables, Payables and Reconciliation
- Receive multiple debtor payments
- Make debtor adjustments
- Make payments to creditors (CPP)
- Make creditor adjustments
- Enter payments using integrated cashbook
- Undertake a Bank Reconciliation
- Prepare Standard Reports
You should complete this module if you maintain the financial relationship with debtors/creditors and maintain the accuracy of the monthly account.
Module 6: GL & End of Period
- Enter GL transactions
- Establish GL Budgets
- Review GL batches
- Backup of data file
- Run Foreign Exchange variance calculations
- Post sub-ledgers to the General Ledger
- Reconcile sub-ledgers to General Ledger
- Roll End of Period
- Issue statements
- Prepare standard management reports
- Prepare the Business Activity Statement
You should complete this module if you are the company accountant/bookkeeper that ensure information in the General
Ledger are timely and accurate.
Each module is $245 excluding GST.
Please visit our cancellation policy page.